Intelligent Traffic Management System (ITMS) is an amalgamation of leading-edge information and communication technologies used in traffic to improve control, enforcement safety, efficiency, and sustainability of traffic networks, to decrease traffic congestion and to enhance drivers' experiences.
- Traffic system will become efficient and secure with the use of information, communications and control technologies
- Speed cameras leads to casualty reductions, congestion improvements and improved environmental factors
- Travel time is reduced and managed well for the complete city
- Integration of vehicle systems with mobile communications and advanced mapping technology leads to reduction in fuel consumption
- Electronic ticketing allows faster, easier travel by public transport
- Provision of on-line information on buses and trains creates a better-informed traveller and operator
- Helping drivers to find parking spaces thus minimising congestion and pollution